Platelet Rich Plasma in Philadelphia, PA
Use your body’s own healing properties found in Platelet Rich Plasma to stimulate hair restoration, facial rejuvenation, and other health benefits. Platelet Rich Plasma, or PRP, is offered in Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania, by board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Paul M. Glat to the residents of Philadelphia and South Jersey.
What is PRP?
PRP is a non-invasive, non-surgical treatment using the platelets in your own blood to stimulate growth and healing properties in your skin, scalp and other areas. Your blood is drawn and “spun” to separate the platelets into a rich gel-like substance that is infused with natural fillers. PRP has been used over the years to stimulate healing in both bones and soft tissue areas.
Benefits of PRP
There are many benefits to using your body’s own natural healing processes to treat certain skin, scalp and other conditions, including:
- Non-invasive, non-surgical methods
- All natural treatments
- No side effects or down time
- Little risk involved
- Less expensive than surgery
- Quick, painless procedure
What are the Different PRP Procedures?
Here are the specific PRP procedures performed by Dr. Paul M. Glat at his clinic in Bala Cynwyd:
- PRP Hair Restoration – PRP therapy is a type of proactive, non-surgical therapeutic option for patients who are experiencing hair loss. Appropriate for male and female patients, PRP stimulates hair growth and can make a big difference in regrowth.
- PRP Vampire Facelift – A Vampire Facelift is a non-surgical procedure that can reduce wrinkles and rejuvenate the face without the use of unnatural chemicals.
- O-Shot – An O-Shot actually refers to an injection administered into the vaginal wall to rejuvenate it and stimulate growth. Aging, multiple pregnancies or certain medical conditions can cause women to experience incontinence or sexual dysfunction, and the O-Shot is an effective treatment.
- P-Shot – A P-Shot is an injection given in the penis to promote healing and rejuvenation. Men may sometimes suffer from incontinence or a lack of sexual function after experiencing prostate cancer, being diagnosed with diabetes, or taking certain medications. The P-Shot can greatly reduce these symptoms.
How is PRP Performed?
Blood is drawn from your arm and put into a centrifugal spinner that separates the platelets from the whole blood. The platelets are then mixed with natural fillers, and this rich gel-like substance is then injected into the site for rejuvenation or regrowth.
Preparing for PRP
Since PRP is a non-invasive, non-surgical treatment, there is no specific preparation necessary for receiving these treatments. A local anesthetic will be applied to the injection location before treatment.
You might be numb at the site of the injection for an hour or so after the treatment, but there are no restrictions and you can go back to your regular schedule immediately afterward.
Youth Rejuvenation Center
All skin rejuvenation treatments and procedures are available at the office of Dr. Paul Glat, or at his Youth Rejuvenation Center. Dr. Glat’s Youth Rejuvenation Center is located at the Camac Center at the 12th Street Gym in Center City, Philadelphia.
How Much Does Platelet Rich Plasma Cost?
The cost of a PRP treatment varies with each individual case and Dr. Paul M. Glat and his team will discuss your treatment and associated costs at the time of consultation. The office accepts most major credit cards, and CareCredit® is available for those who require financing.
Is PRP Right for Me?
Because there is virtually no risk involved, PRP treatment is a valid alternative to surgery for many patients. A consultation with Dr. Glat will determine whether your expectations can be met with PRP treatment.
Why Choose Dr. Paul M. Glat?
Dr. Glat is a local expert in PRP treatments for various conditions, including the treatments mentioned above. In addition, Dr. Glat is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to recognize that each patient requires individual and unique treatment, depending on his or her conditions and desires. His services have improved the lives of people from in and around Philadelphia and South Jersey for many years. He also performs popular procedures for the entire body, so if you are looking for self-improvement, Dr. Glat and his professional team will accommodate your needs.
What to Expect During Your Consultation
Dr. Glat and his team of professionals will conduct a thorough exam and medical history to ensure that you are a good candidate for PRP treatment. At that time, you will be encouraged to ask questions and discuss your desired results. Cost will be discussed and, if PRP is determined to be an advantageous option for you, your treatment will be scheduled.
Dr. Glat, board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, recognizes that each patient has unique requirements and desires. His services have improved the lives of people from in and around Philadelphia and South Jersey. He performs popular procedures for the breasts, body, and face. If you are looking for self-improvement in the form of plastic surgery, hair restoration, hormone replacement therapy, or skin rejuvenation, Dr. Glat and his professional team will accommodate your needs! Please call 610-624-3342 today to schedule your initial consultation!
December 1, 2014