Body Contouring 101
Sometimes, despite our best efforts with diet, exercise, and nutrition, we just can’t get rid of stubborn fat deposits, cellulite, or loose skin. In these cases, many people turn to body contouring.
Body contouring refers to a number of various procedures that range from non-invasive to surgical treatments. These techniques can be customized for various parts of the body to help you achieve a slimmer appearance that makes you proud. Here’s a brief rundown of the most common body contouring procedures:
- Liposuction – This method involves suctioning out excess fat through small incisions. It works particularly well for body fat that refuses to go away despite diet and exercise.
- Non-Invasive Liposuction – Favored for its effectiveness in reducing embarrassing cellulite, this innovative technique uses the latest technologies for outstanding results with virtually no downtime.
- Cellulaze™ – This approach, recently approved by the FDA, can eliminate cellulite for good in just one treatment with laser technology.
- SmartLipo® – This laser-assisted liposuction procedure can reduce fat and tighten skin by melting away unwanted fat deposits. Compared to traditional liposuction, SmartLipo® works more efficiently and with less downtime.
- Exilis® – This revolutionary medical aesthetic device uses radiofrequency technology to produce controlled heat that can reshape the body, treat laxity, and reduce wrinkles.
- Mommy Makeover – Recapture your pre-pregnancy profile with this combination of techniques to eliminate stretch marks, perk up the breasts, and get rid of excess fat. Instead of dealing with multiple procedures and recovery times, just one visit (and one recovery) can address all of your concerns.
- Tummy Tuck – This procedure can remove unwanted excess tissue and skin from the abdomen while tightening the abdominal muscles. This results in a flatter, smoother stomach, and a more flattering profile.
- Post-Bariatric Body Contouring – After undergoing bariatric surgery and losing significant weight, some individuals find themselves bearing folds of excess skin and tissue. Post-bariatric body contouring can remove that unnecessary tissue to create a more defined and attractive body shape.
- Thigh Lift – This method works well for individuals who have both excess fat and loose, sagging skin in the thigh areas. These unwanted tissues often result after weight loss. A thigh lift can restore a shapelier, more attractive appearance in the legs.
- Arm Lift – Instead of relying on long-sleeve shirts to hide loose skin on the arms, consider an arm lift. This procedure can restore the natural, svelte contours of the upper arms with minimal scarring.
To learn more about body contouring and how it can help you regain your self-image and self-confidence, call our office today at (610) 550-8328.